SOLAS requirement for oil mist detectors – Engines of 2,250 kW and above or having cylinders of more than 300mm bore shall be provided with crankcase oil mist detectors or engine bearing temperature monitors or equivalent devices.” Chapter II-I, Regulation 47.2 (1981).
As per IACS M10.8 Oil mist detection arrangements (or engine bearing temperature monitors or equivalent devices) are required:
- For alarm and slow down purposes for low-speed diesel engines of 2250 kW and above or having cylinders of more than 300 mm borefor alarm and automatic shutoff purposes for medium- and high-speed diesel engines of 2250 kW and above or having cylinders of more than 300 mm bore.
SCHALLER AUTOMATION developed the VISATRON® oil mist detectors to meet the IACS UR M10.
Schaller Automation OMDs:
- Type approved for closed areas,
- Designed for installation on combustion engines,
- Approved for environmental category D (Gl),
- Conform to IACS Ur M67.
The following list of Classification Societies have audited & provided Type Approval for the Oil Mist Detector devices:
- ABS, American Bureau of Shipping
- BV, Bureau Veritas
- CCR (TAIWAN), CR Classification Society
- CCS (CHINA), China Classification Society
- DNV, Det Norske Veritas ; GL, Germanischer Lloyd
- KR, Korean Register of Shipping
- IR, Indian Register of Shipping
- NKK, Nippon KaijiKyokai (ClassNK)
- RINA, RegistroItaliano Navale
- RS, Russian Maritime Register of Shipping
Please contact us for the certification details.